This week, The Musafir Stories speaks with Priyanka Dalal from the blog MapRoute Travel Blog. Priyanka is a digital entrepreneur and traveler and on this episode she shares her experience of falling in love with the Kumbh Mela!
Today's destination: The Kumbh Mela!
Nearest Airport: Allahabad Airport, IXD
Nearest Railway Station: Allahabad Junction
Prerequisites - Be prepared to be a part of large crowds and lose your personal space! It is better to book accommodation beforehand, specially if you are going to be here on the days of the Shahi Snan!
Packing - Pack light, and be ready to rough it out!
Time of the year - Jan 15 - Mar 4, 2019
Length of the itinerary: NA
- Priyanka talks at length about her experiences from the previous Kumbh Mela at Trimabakeshwar, Nashik and Ujjain.
- History and legends of the Kumbh Mela
- what to expect at your maiden Kumbh Mela
- Important days of the Kumbh mela - the Shahi Snan days
- Activities during the Kumbh Mela - discourses, holy dips, temple visits, processions
- Interacting with people at the Kumbh Mela - From Naga babas to foreigners and devotees from around India
- Useful advise for solo travelers
Links to blog posts:
Priyanka's Travelogue : My Kumbh Mela Story @ Trimbakeshwar, Nashik
Priyanka's Travelogue : Ujjain Simhasth