This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Preethika and Narayanan, the couple behind the wonderful blog "Passing Ports". Listen in to the conversation as we talk Cholas, temples, history, architecture and more!
Today's destination: Thanjavur or Tanjore, Tamil Nadu!
Nearest Airport: Tiruchirapalli International Airport
Nearest Railway Station: Thanjavur Junction
Prerequisites - n/a
Packing - Stay hydrated, comfortable clothing, some of the temples might require 'modest' clothing too!
Time of the year - November
Length of the itinerary: 4 days
- Preethika and Narayanan start off their journey with the Tanjore Royal Palace or Thanjavur Palace, a fort/palace complex with other monuments like the Bell tower, Art Gallery, Maratha Darbar, Arsenal tower, Library and more.
- Learn about the art of Veena making (Veena or Veenai is an ancient chordphone instrument that originated in India) and Bronze sculpting with the local craftsmen
- A visit to th living Chola temples, UNESCO world heritage sites reknown for their architechture and history
1. Brihadeeshwara temple or the Big temple
2. Airawateshwara temple in Darasuram
3. GangaiKonda Cholapuram in Ariyalur
Preethika and Narayanan's Blog : Passing Ports
In Preethika and Narayanan's words : Thanjavur Tourist Places
In Preethika and Narayanan's words : Ancient Temples of Tamil Nadu
Preethika and Narayanan's review on Svatma Heritage Hotel
More about Preethika and Narayanan
Follow them on Instagram
Like their work on Facebook
Follow them on Twitter