This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to the founder of Travelling Camera Vijay Sharma, a technology professional based in Noida who also has a keen interest in photography. With more than 9 million page views till date, TravellingCamera and VJ Sharma are well known in the Indian Blogging space. Join us as Vijay takes us with him to one of his most epic treks till date - The Shrikhand Mahadev trek!.
Today's destination: Shrikhand Mahadev Trek, Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
Nearest Airport: Bhuntar Airport, Kullu
Nearest Railway Station : Shimla
Nearest Town : Nirmand Village
Prerequisities - trekking stick, water bottle, trekking gear, rain suit and not to forget a cap/hat and sunscreen to save you from sun burns!
Packing - Light weighted warm clothes, energy bars, Energy drinks, Oral Rehydration Salts, dry fruits and a camera!
Time of the year - July to August
Length of the itinerary: 7 Days
Trek Level - Difficult, it is a necessity to be in good physical and mental shape.
- Shrikhand Mahadev is situated at an height of 18,700 ft. above sea level in the Great Himalayan National Park of Himachal Pradesh, India
- Make sure to carry a light weighted water bottle and a lot of energy bars, Energy drinks, Oral Rehydration Salts, dry fruits.
- The trek starts from Jaon village in Nirmand region of Kullu district in Himachal Pradesh, porters can be arranged from this location.
- Make sure to purchase trekking gear, shoes/boots, caps before hand or at Shimla (nearest)
- Beautiful Apple Orchards can be found in Jaon Village and Singh Ghat
- Beautiful view of mountains and clouds can be seen from Valley of Flowers
- After crossing Thachru Village, most of the hills are at an angle of 75 degree steep
- First view of the Shrikhand Mahadev can be seen from Kaali Ghati during morning hours
- Bheem Dwari has a number of beautiful waterfalls from hills covered in snow
- After crossing Parvati Bag, a number of Rock hills start with clouds at ground level, giving you a view that can be seen from an aeroplane
- This Cloud Store can be seen from Bheem Paudi
- At the end of the trek you can see a mammoth Rock-made Shivalingam on the mountain.
- The Shivalingam is 72 Feet hight and stands still on a mountain top above 18000 feet altitude.
#trek #adventure #HimachalPradesh #camping #snow #pilgrimage #pilgrims #religion #Shiva #Shivling #Shimla #Shivalingam #Hills #mountain #cloud #Shrikhand #Mahadev #ShrikhandMahadev #VJSharma #TravellingCamera #TheMusafirStories