This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Namitha Kulkarni from the blog - Radically Ever After. Not only is Namita a traveller, but she's also a full time Yoga teacher, writer, artist.
Namita has completed 610 hours of Yoga Alliance certified teacher training, and learnt from various teachers – and students – around the world.
Apart from yoga, She loves creating adventures/misadventures, reading, learning new languages, generally seizing the day and living to share the tale.
Mostly a solo traveller, Namita has chased her fears across 14 countries and gotten to know them better with every journey.
From ziplining in Thailand, jumping off a waterfall in Mauritius to rafting in Rishikesh, paragliding in Bir to bouldering in flipflops in Hampi,to trekking Mt. Le Pouce on an empty stomach to getting lost with a dead cellphone on a small Thai island.
Today's destination: Netala, Uttarakhand
Nearest Airport: Dehradun Airport (Jolly Grant)
Nearest Railway Station: Haridwar Junction
Prerequisities - Enrollment at the yoga center - Sivananda Kutir
Packing - Warm clothes are prefered
Time of the year - October
Length of the itinerary:
- Namita was a part of group completed their yoga teacher training course (TTC) at the Sivananda kutir in Netala/Uttar Kashi
- The institute is located at the foothills of the Himalayas, very close to where the river Ganges/Ganga takes birth - Gangotri
- Namita shares the multitude of experiences she had while she was a part of this learning trip turned adventure in the remote himalayan village
- Namita spent a good part of a week at Netala learning yoga and exploring life cut off from the rest of the world; Having palm sized spiders as room-mates
- She explains the course curriculum as well as her experience with satvik food
- Her tryst with the locals of Netala and the peculiar similarities and the hobby they share with the other elders
- Walking meditation and yoga at the beach by the Ganga river (for real!)
- Hear to what Namita is up to and how you can follow her work
#Yoga #Netala #SivanandaYogaAshram #Himalayas #Ganga #Ganges #Gangotri #Haridwar #Rishikesh #SatvikFood #Siror #Bridge #Sivananda #Kutir #Uttarkashi