One month of free access to The Great Courses Plus:
Lecture: How to Speak Effectively in an setting: (Start your free trial before hitting this link)
This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Vaibhav Dewan, host of the pregnant papa podcast, Baapbeeti!
Today's destination: Andaman Islands!
Nearest Airport: Veer Savarkar International Airport, Port Blair (IXZ)
Nearest Railway Station: NA
Prerequisites - NA
Packing - Pack your beachwear!
Time of the year - October through January.
Length of the itinerary: 8 days
- Vaibhav kicks off his journey from Port Blair where he explores the important points of interest including the Cellular Jail. There is also a sound and light show in the evening at the cellular jail premises.
- Another POI that you should not miss out on is Chidiya Tapu, popular for its birds as well the beautiful sunsets. There is also a trek to suicide point that you can easily do from here.
- The next pitstop includes Wandoor beach as well as Mahatma Gandhi Marine park to learn more about corals and marine life. Another option is to take a jetty ride to Jollyboy island.
- Next on the agenda is a tour to the Ross Island - the former administrative capital of Andaman Islands during the British rule. The island still has a lot of ruins of buildings from the colonial era. There is also a sound and light show here that has been newly started.
- The next point of interest is Neil island or Shaheed Dweep - about 47kms from Port Blair. You have to book a ticket on the government ferry here that can be time consuming (in case you don't want to opt for private options). Neil island is popular for beaches like Ramnagar beach, Sitapur beach, Laxmanpur beach and Bharatpur beach. The beaches here have some stunning sunsets that one should not miss. There is also a natural bridge formation called as Howrah bridge that has a lot of corals in the vicinity.
- The next and final island stop is to Havelock island or Swaraj Deep! It is one of the bigger islands and is popular for cafes and eateries, as well as its laid back vibes. Radhanagar beach, which is rated as the most beautiful beach in India and 7th in the world is a popular attraction, with smooth white sands and blue waters. Other popular beaches here include Elephanta beach. The island has a lot of options for adventures sports, including Scuba diving certification courses and kayaking.
Link to Vaibhav's podcast: Baapbeeti - a pregnant papa podcast
Follow the Musafir stories on:
Twitter : https://twitter.com/musafirstories?lang=en
Apple podcasts - https://apple.co/2LPtTA3
Google podcasts - http://bit.ly/2toY7lj
website - http://bit.ly/2xFZqOV
Saavn - https://bit.ly/2J5rIqi
Spotify - https://spoti.fi/2HLPSVi
Gaana - http://bit.ly/2NClUYY
pocketcasts - https://bit.ly/2xu3Ewg
castbox - https://bit.ly/2sqBDQi
Overcast - https://bit.ly/2LN9wnf
Stitcher Radio - https://bit.ly/2JiBbhw
audioBoom - https://bit.ly/2oZZowS
TuneIn - https://bit.ly/2xyQH4a
RadioPublic - https://bit.ly/2snY9u0
iHeartradio - https://ihr.fm/2xvOG8R
Deezer - https://bit.ly/2L7GmOo