This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to This week, The Musafir Stories speaks to Venkat Ganesh from the blog Indiabackpackmotorbike. Venkat talks to us at length about how everyone can travel if they really want to. About things he learnt after quitting his cushy job and travelling in India and beyond. Venkat takes us on a roadtrip from Mumbai to Goa along the Konkan coast and shares his experiences on the way!
Today's destination: Mumbai - Goa roadtrip along the Konkan coast
Packing - Pack light, first aid kit, medicines, sleeping bag
Time of the year - October
Length of the itinerary: 9 days
- Raigarh fort - capital of King Shivaji's empire. You could spend the night here
- Parshuram temple, beaches at Guhagar, Chiplun for the night. Enjoy some fresh sea food!
- Ferry across to Jaigad fort ruins facing the sea.
- Enjoy the ride from Jaigad fort to Ganpathipule, visit the Ganpathi temple
- Drive to Ratnagiri, the hometown of Balgangadhar Tilak. Visit the childhood home of Tilak and the palace of the King of Myanmar while in exile.
- Drive to Vijaydurg fort, a massive naval fort, enjoy the beautiful sunset from the fort.
- Drive to Malvan, ferry to the Sindhudurg fort, you could spend the night at Vengurla, plan a fishing trip with the local fishermen
- Start early, Ride into Goa!
- Visit Kolhapur on your return journey, enjoy the palaces, and the local food
More about Venkat Ganesh
Contact Venkat on Facebook
Feature Photo by Kotagauni Srinivas on Unsplash